Assembly Tech (648813) - Kinston, NC
Job DescriptionAssembly Tech (648813)
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following:
1. Work with blueprints, changes, specifications, work orders, etc. to assemble and install to quality requirements parts and assemblies.
2. Complete required data gathering transactions to facilitate assembly progression.
3. Setup and perform all manual and automated assembly operations, and portable machine functions required to accomplish assignments.
4. Perform any and all required pickup, rework, fabrication, change incorporation, functional testing or check during or after final assembly and/or assembly progression.
5. Move and/or obtain correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, etc.
6. Use precision measuring instruments required to accomplish work assignments.
7. Report and/or investigate job handicaps such as: errors in parts, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc.
8. Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., where applicable, replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
9. Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation. On an exception basis, move product to the next operation within a building.
10. Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training, coaching and assisting employees of all classification levels.
11. Document any discrepancies according to specification, process, and procedure.
12. Cross trains in inspection and becomes SIA qualified.
In addition, each employee may be asked, on occasion, to complete other duties and responsibilities as required by Spirit leadership. Training and certification will be provided for the additional work when required.
Start Date -- ASAP
Standard Per Diem policy and rate
90 Day assignment
1. Verifies dimensions of parts using both mechanical and electronic measurement tools and, relative to these inspection duties, initiate and document corrective action for programming issues and other problems.
2. Employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform in all of the general functions of the Assembly Technician listed below:
Inspection to include the following:
- Maintain required personal certifications.
- Perform complete inspection, including first part review, of procured or fabricated parts and assemblies.
- Initiate and document any non-conforming condition for Material Review Board action.
- Perform process surveillance to assure compliance with requirements.
- Prepare and maintain quality records.
3. Setup and operate conventional and Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) fastening equipment to assemble components in accordance with engineering specifications, and/or the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform in two or more of the specialties listed below:
Precision Bench Assembly
Pressure and vacuum testing
4. Provide high-level technical support and leadership relative to assembly and installation
5. Setup and operate conventional and/or Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) and fastening equipment of less than simultaneous 3-axis movement. Activities include, e.g. drivematic processes, etc., or the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform in one or more of the specialties listed below:
Assembly/Installation of Structures
Additionally, the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform one or more of the specialty skills listed below:
Precision Bench Assembly
Pressure and vacuum testing
Work Day: Full Time
Employment type: Permanent Job
Minimal experience: No experience
Warning: unfortunately, there are some dishonest organizations who are trying to take advantage of people who are applying for a job. See more
We advise you not to trust people who ask you for money so you can start working (e.g for training, medical examination or any other reason). Here at Jobomas, we are working hard to avoid posting any dishonest information. Jobomas.com is not responsible for the information written by companies or users when they are posting a job offer. The information is sole responsibility of third parties. If you think a piece of information seems dishonest or that the content could be damaging, you can set up a complaint by clicking on Report this ad. If you would like to apply for this ad, please click Apply this vacancy. If you have any other questions you can get in contact with us at email@example.com See less